Saturday 10 September 2011

I Don't Have A Title Yet

It's Saturday night and my mom and I just came back from the liquor store. I find myself drinking with my mom a lot lately. That either makes me a loser, or just way too cool.

What's keeping my mother busy lately is cleaning and fixing odd things in and around the house. Ever since my dad died it had been a plan of hers to sell the house and move into something smaller. But now, more than ever, she's seriously considering it. One of her friends is a real-estate agent, and wants to help us look for a new home.  

The idea of us selling the house troubles me a little, obviously. I mean, it's certainly quite normal considering it's the house I grew up in and where I have the most memories of my father. Although I know and keep telling myself "change is good and necessary", it's hard to close a big chapter of my life just like that. It's a huge reminder that things will never be the same again. 

In two weeks, I turn 19. My birthday is on a Saturday this year so that means I get to start my day with my favorite Saturday activity; the farmer's market! I pretty much plan on wearing a tiara the whole day and calling my self a princess and all that birthday crap. It's not something I've ever really done, so this year, I'm going all out. I believe birthdays are to make you feel special, so, I'm gonna play along.

All in all, I'm really glad this day is finally going to happen. It feels like I've been waiting forever to be grown up and be free. I've always felt older than I really was and like I should already have all of the freedom that comes with being an adult.

I've always had that beef with the law. Why can't I vote? Why can't I drive past midnight? Why can't I see this movie? Why can't I drink alcohol? Why can't I go to ...strip clubs...? Of course I've been doing all of that stuff anyway. (Except voting and going to strip clubs.) I'm mature and responsible Goddamn it!

But no, I totally agree and respect the law even if I don't follow it occasionally. It is very important for a healthy (I don't mean healthful) and functional society. 

Here is a funny video:

And a picture of a bat licking an arm:


No comments:

Post a Comment